How To Tell If You Are Sabotaging Your Own Online Marketing
To market your businesses online you have to fight hard to grab and keep attention. Your audience is distracted. You have to battle even harder to beat your own distractions Trying to do more is the easiest way to sabotage your own online marketing success.
- For example, do you do this too?
- Check out Twitter while writing a blog post.
- Answer emails while writing a blog post.
- Trying to learn how to use Google+ and LinkedIn and Pinterest, BEFORE you have mastered your own core marketing activities.
Do you know exactly what to do to grow your own business further?
How do you keep sane when there are way too many opportunities that exist to market yourself online. Here are 5 common beliefs by Henneke, that might be sabotaging your success… avoiding them will help you stay on track,and avoid dead end roads….
1. You need to be popular
- Testosterone is available in abundance online.
- “I have a bigger list than you.”
- “I hit the 10k web visitors last month.”
- To make a living online you don’t need 10 thousand subscribers.
- You don’t need 10 thousand Twitter followers.
- You certainly don’t need 10 thousand likes.
- Focus on your business needs.
- Resist the temptation to join the competition for bigger and better numbers.
2. You need a unique blog topic
- You don’t need a unique topic……All you need to stand out is your unique voice.
- You can safely assume that each topic is already discussed on several blogs.
- You can safely assume that everything has been said already.
- But it has not been heard yet in your words, in your voice, from you.
- Choose one of the most popular blog topics, because you can be sure there’s an audience waiting for you.
3. Other bloggers are your competitors
- Marketers analyze the competition; and then they look for a way to beat competitors with more features, higher specifications, a more entertaining story, or a lower price.
- The blogging world doesn’t work like this.
- Bloggers have no competition.
- Just be you.
4. You need to be an expert, ninja, or guru
- You don’t need to be an expert to start a blog.
- You need a passion for your topic; an eagerness to dig deeper to learn more and more; and a willingness to generously share your knowledge.
- You build your authority by consistently turning up and sharing valuable advice.
- Not by claiming to be an expert.
5. You need to be a talented writer
- By learning how to apply writing techniques everyone can become a better writer.
- You might not become the next Haruki Murakami, but you can certainly learn how to write enchanting blog posts and win more clients with your blog.
- Study writing techniques, analyze popular blogs, and practice your writing.
Avoiding these 5 common ways that are sabotaging your online marketing is key to your success online. Here is just one way that you can stop sabotaging your online marketing by just focusing on just learning one strategy at a time.
Do you agree, that when most of us jump into the online marketing world we attempt to learn everything we can, and we try a little of this, and a little of that and never focus on one strategy? This is usually fueled by the “shiny object syndrome”. You know the latest greatest tool that is going to fix all of your online marketing efforts, or should I say the tool that distracts you from focusing. Most of us can relate, yes?
- If you’re going to use online marketing to build your business then you must focus on one marketing strategy until you have learned, implemented it, and started to see results from your efforts.
- If you don’t focus, I guarantee from my own personal experience you will get overwhelmed.
- If you’re going to use blogging as your marketing strategy, then learn blogging and SEO tactics.
- If you’re going to use Facebook then learn Facebook marketing strategies.
- Same goes with You Tube, Twitter, Article Marketing, PPC and more.
- Pick one strategy then invest into training courses that will help you master it.
- Take control of your online marketing business today and start seeing the true potential of your business.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share with others whom may find it useful as well…..
Thank You! Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success, Joan Harrington
About Joan HarringtonJoan Harrington is a full time blogger, coach and network marketer, whose passion is to share valuable content and resources that can be easily implemented.
- Connect with Joan on her personal blog Success With Joan Harrington – Internet Lifestyle Network.
- Follow her on Twitter
- Like her on Facebook